Propmt Five: List 10 things you never knew til you were mom.
1. I never knew how much my own mom loves me until I had Olivia.
2. I didn't know anything about the tight bond that is formed between mother and the child's father.
3. I never knew how much WORRY was involved in being a parent.
4. I never knew how much you would look forward to each one of your child's milestones and wish and wish that they would get there, but once they do start to smile, roll over, crawl, pull themselves up, walk, etc. that you'd just yearn for them to be your baby again.
5. I never understood other parents when they worried so much after dropping their child off with a babysitter.. Especially when that babysitter fails to return phone calls.
6. I didn't know how much darn paperwork is involved in having children! Especially children with medical problems.. Ugh.. Exasperating..
7. I didn't know that becoming a mom would show me that I have a passion to one day be a nurse..
8. I never understood the pride parents feel for their kids until I had my extraordinary child. Now I know why EVERY mom thinks their child is the BEST!
9. I didn't know for sure whether or not I made the right choice by marrying my husband, Mike, until our daughter was actually born. Now, when I see them together or see Mike taking care of Olivia, I know without a doubt that he is the one.
10. Finally, and most importantly, I didn't have a single clue how much one could love another person. I know that this is going to sound super cliche, but Olivia is my heart living outside my body..
If you want to participate in Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop, head over to her site! The link is above!