Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Date Night!

Mike and I had the rare opportunity to go on a date the other night. Since having Olivia, we don't get to do things together very often because its hard to leave Olivia with a babysitter.. Not because we are lacking in willing babysitters but because I am a little anal about who I let watch her and for how long and all that sort of thing.. She is on medications and she has to have a certain formula that has to be mixed just right so she gets extra calories.. And then there is the colostomy bag.. A colostomy bag is a lot harder to change than a diaper.. I don't even let the nurses change her bag when she is hospitalized.. I am just that way.. Only I do her bag changes.. Anyway.. We went to see the movie Shutter Island. I read the book so I was really looking forward to seeing the movie. The movie was not as good as the book.. It was way too long! But we did have a pretty good night. Well, up until this conversation..

Mike: So I was watching the news the other night at work and there was this doctor on there talking about some new kind of breast implants..

Me: That's cool.. What's different about them?

Mike: They take fat from your stomach and put it into your boobs.. It is supposed to be a more natural kind of implant or something.

Me: Weird.. Will you get me that for my birthday?

Mike: No. I think you are perfect just the way you are... I wouldn't change a thing..

That would have been the perfect ending to a perfect date.. But no.. He had to add this..

Mike: Do you think our insurance will cover it?

This is Mike and I at Olivia's baby shower.. We look so young!
(And yes, I did make him go.. I didn't want to be alone in the spot light..)

2 comments:

  1. Your daughter is beautiful!
    Don't men just say the most lovely things sometimes?
    But hey at least you got out! I know how you feel about leaving your little one. I didn't leave my daughter with ANYONE for almost the first year of her life, and the has no medical issues (her mommy on the other hand, she's got a few screws loose). It does get easier. You just have to keep doing it. Trust me when I say it's good for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It was really nice.. And Olivia had a blast with her grandparents and cousin..

    ReplyDelete